On these sites you can post a job either directly (as with craigslist) or by registering with the site and then submitting your job posting. If the site is not a free service this is indicated. This page differs from the agencies page because the sites on this page simply offer you a place to post your job and/or collect resumes and applications. They do not perform any evaluation of potential employees past this point.
- craigslist – is this a worthwhile resource? do ‘real’ employers actually use it? I won’t give my opinion but will say that I have seen legitimate jobs posted on craigslist and the service is free for posters
- Service Canada – this federal government job bank offers employers free job postings
- Victoria Tech Jobs – replaces the old ViaTec job board – you must be a ViaTec member to submit jobs to the board, emphasis is on high-tech jobs, memberships start at $290 plus $5 per employee in the company to a maximum of $1,050
- Workopolis – as of May 2011 a 30-day posting of a job in Western Canada is $695 (wow!)
- Monster.ca – same price as Workopolis ($695 for 30 days) but doesn’t seem to have a pricing scheme that has varying pricing depending where in Canada you are