Guess what – networking is evergreen! It was important to job-seekers back ‘in the day’ and it still reigns supreme today. I was originally going to split this page into two sections – events and groups – but the truth is that there is really no longer a separation between these things (if there ever was). So if you see an event you like and it is being put on by a group then consider joining. Likewise, if you discover a group that interests you see if they’re holding any events in the upcoming weeks.
Start your search for events to attend at the Victoria Tweetup page. Next you can swing by its sister site – the Meetup Page (the link I’ve given you should take you directly to a Victoria and area listing of upcoming events). Other places to look for upcoming networking events are:
- Small Business Victoria workshop calendar
- Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce business mixers (presently third Thursday of every month from 5-7 pm, non-members can attend one mixer as a guest)
- Downtown Victoria Business Association calendar is worth a look
- University of Victoria events calendar
- Harbour Living is more recreational/tourism oriented but you may find something of interest on their site
Here are some groups/organizations that you might consider checking out:
- Women’s Enterprise Centre – “BC’s leading resource for women entrepreneurs”
- Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business Victoria
- Green Drinks Victoria – Networking Resources to sustainability Causes
- PechaKucha Victoria – 20 images X 20 seconds
As always, if there is a group, event or something else that you think I absolutely need to know about and feature on this blog let me know by sending me an email.