Resume, Cover Letter and Job Search Services
Further down this page you’ll see a list of companies offering these services but I wanted to profile three local firms that have a more individualized and personal approach: Red Seal Recruiting, SearchWise and Sitka Careers.
Red Seal Recruiting
Kael Campbell is the president of Red Seal Recruiting which specializes in finding workers for construction, mining, power generation, forestry and other trades-heavy sectors. The company has its head office in Victoria and satellite offices in Alberta (Calgary) and Saskatchewan (Regina). As well as finding candidates for employers Red Seal also helps qualified tradespeople find temporary or permanent positions throughout Canada.
Marilyn Henigman is the proprietor of SearchWise. She has been working as an employment counsellor for over 15 years and also teaches Career Exploration workshops at Camosun College. Her goal is to “provide you with the personal support and direction you need in your job search” and she can also help with resumes and cover letters.
Hana Kucera and Dave Riddell are the folks at the helm of Sitka Careers. Their small and friendly company “helps beginning biologists find and navigate a fulfilling and successful career path”. Whether its choosing a grad school, perfecting a resume or preparing for an interview if its in the field of biology you want these guys on your team. They are up front with pricing information which always scores well with me.
- Resume Hut – probably Victoria’s oldest company doing this type of work, now offers job hunting services as well as resume preparation
- SearchWise Work Search assistance – free initial phone or email consultation to see if this is the right company to help you
- Kelly Services – founded in the US in 1946, opened first Canadian office in 1968 – I was very upset to see today that it looks as if the Victoria office has closed!
- Talentcor – 30-year history in Canada and offices coast-to-coast – Placement Group and The People Bank have merged to become Talentcor
- Hays recruitment Canada – offices in 27 countries and annual revenues of over 2 billion pounds
- Sierra Systems – specialists in Information Technology
- Goldbeck – serving Western Canada for over 13 years
- Labour Unlimited – trades and construction jobs
- Red Seal Recruiting – “we work hard to be Canada’s leading recruiting source for trades, construction and manufacturing industries”
- CGI Canada – heavy concentration in the IT sector but other types of jobs may be available through their search (which I’ve linked you to)
- HP Advanced Solutions Inc. – again, an emphasis on the IT sector
And the list goes on! If there is an organization I’ve missed please let me know by sending me an email.